Over the years you have worked hard, saved, and invested. Now, as you look ahead to the next phase of life, you face a new set of questions and financial decisions.
As retirement nears, you want to make sure you have enough money to retire with the lifestyle you envision. You also want to know how to turn your investments and savings into a reliable “paycheck” in retirement while minimizing the amount that goes to the IRS.
Other questions, such as how to navigate health care during retirement, when to claim Social Security, and how your investment strategy should change as you approach retirement, might sit in the back of your mind as well.
We answer these questions and put your mind at ease by helping you figure out if you have enough money to retire, understanding what retirement could look like, and putting together an overall plan to guide you through the transition while making sure your money then lasts throughout retirement.
Things We Help With
- Making sure you have enough money to retire when you want and with the lifestyle you envision
- A tax-efficient withdrawal plan to convert your investments and savings into a monthly “paycheck”
- Consolidating and managing your various retirement accounts (403b, 401a, 457b, 401k, IRA, etc.)
- Social Security planning to choose the claiming strategy that’s best for you
- Proactive tax planning strategies to minimize your lifetime tax bill in retirement
- Navigating health care planning decisions both before and after Medicare eligibility
- Putting together a charitable giving strategy that maximizes the tax efficiency of your gifts
- Reviewing and updating your estate plan to make sure you leave the legacy you desire
- Developing a plan to protect against long-term care risk (whether that means buying insurance or self-insuring)
- Analyzing pension options (including whether to choose a lump sum payout or an annuity payment)